Plastic Pallets are usually made from High Density Polyethelyne (HDPE) or recycled drink containers. (PET). Their main advantage is that they are highly durable and have a better ability to resist corrosion, fire, mold and rot, inclement weather and everyday wear and tear.
Why buy Plastic Pallets?
The main benefits of plastic pallets include:
- Easy to clean and sanitize
- Better fire retardancy
- Increased durability
- Longer lifespan
- lower lifetime cost of ownership vs. multiple wooden pallets????
- lighter weight
- Less likely to crack or splinter
- Nestable and stackable
- Less waste
- Seen as environmentally friendly
- Odor resistant
- Do not need to be inspected for biosafety issues
- Easy to Heat Treat for international shipments
- Meet ISPM 15 standards
Disadvantages of Plastic Pallets
- Expensive compared to wood or recycled pallets
- Some plastic pallets are unable to support heavy load for long periods due to Plastic “Creep”
- Hard to repair
- Harder to customize
Heat Treated Pallets